Monday, December 17, 2007

O Christmas Meme, O Christmas Meme

This is what I get for using the word "bitches" in a comment.

Oh well.

1. Wrapping or gift bags?

Gift bags. Recyclable, environmentally friendly, and makes re-gifting quicker and more efficient.


2. Real or artificial tree?

How about ANY tree?


3. When do you put up the tree?

When my husband walks in with nothing on but a Santa hat.


4. When do you take the tree down?

After four hours (otherwise you need to see a doctor immediately).


5. Do you like eggnog?

Yes; it makes a nice change-of-pace flavoring for whiskey.


6. Favorite gift received as a child?

A horse. Yes, I got one. You didn't. Talk to your therapist and leave me out of it.


7. Do you have a Nativity scene?

Yes we do; it's called the Haight. Or at least, yes, if that's what you mean by funny-looking people with beards, sandals, and long flowing robes who are staring at things up in the sky.


8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Bible number ten from my grandmother. Seriously. I have translations that even theologians didn't know existed.


9. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Neither. Save them for gambling purposes. "I'll see your 'Happy Holidays' and raise you a 'Feliz Navidad".


10. Favorite Christmas movie?

A Christmas Story. None other. I triple-dog-dare you to say anything else.


11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

For whom? I usually finish shopping for myself by March; the others of you get stuff as soon as I can switch out the name tags on the gift bags (now you see the reason for my answer to #1?)


12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

My husband's latkes. Even if they weren't, I'd still have to answer the question this way to preserve some semblance of "peace on earth, goodwill to Dan".


13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Trust me, everything looks better under colored lights. My tree included.


14. Favorite Christmas song?

Tossup between O Holy Night, What Child Is This, and Little St. Nick as performed by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

And now, for the disclaimer:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

5. Send NDT some Christmas cookies, dammit.

So here you go:

Army of Mom
Lab Kat
Chad


Happy nondenominational secular celebratory days to everyone!

No comments: