Friday, June 29, 2007

Hobson's Choice

I am of two minds on The Malcontent's poll question for today.

Should I just give up on my ban of North Dallas Thirty?

  • Yes
  • No


On the one side, yes, I'd love to be able to comment there again. Despite our battles -- or perhaps because of them -- I have enormous respect for Matt and Robbie's insight, savvy, and video capture capabilities.

But on the other hand, "give up" makes it sound like I've just worn them down and bullied my way back onto their blog, as if Matt thinks it's a waste of time to continue blocking and deleting my comments.

I don't want to play that way.

If Matt and Robbie think I can make a reasonable and positive contribution to their community, then that would be grounds for unbanning.

But if they think I won't, but they're tired of dealing with it, then they shouldn't unban me.

Either way, I will continue to link them when needed, praise them copiously when warranted, and criticize when required.

Although I will say that the bar has been significantly raised as to what level actions will "require" criticism.

No comments: