Thursday, June 07, 2007

Pithy Placement

For some obscure reason, I feel the need to give props to Matt of The Malcontent for his delicious use of a well-placed quote in talking about his site's erstwhile forums.
Of course, they were immediately eaten by the spammers. Then they burned down, fell over and were eaten by the spammers again.


Which comes from.....
Listen, lad, I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started 'ere, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, but I showed them; I built it all the same.

That one sank into the swamp.

So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. The third one burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp....but the fourth one stayed up!

And that's what you're getting lad.....the strongest castle in these islands!

Of course, my favorite line from that is......
Don't like 'er? What's wrong with 'er? She's...beautiful, she's rich, she's got HUUUGE.....tracts of land!

No comments: