Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Valid Question, Same Answer

One of the joys of the blogosphere is being able to meet people with whom, even though you have different political and ideological views, you can dialogue, learn from, and genuinely enjoy talking -- such as Christian Grantham, Pam of Pam's House Blend and Dunner of Dunner's Stunners.

Also included in this august group is regular commentor Pat, whom I first met over on GayPatriot and who has been kind enough to favor me with his critiques over here on North Dallas Thirty. He brought up an excellent point in his comment today that I thought deserved main-board mention and discussion.

In the meantime, I'm not going to be an apologist for people like Bush and Perry. I'm not saying that you are, but I am perplexed why it seems like you put Kerry in the same category as them when it comes to gay rights.

Back when I first started blogging, that was one of the questions that came up, and rightly so. In the interests of brevity, I will link to my original blogpost discussing the issue, rather than reprinting it, and use that as a springboard for discussion. In addition, I will point out that Kerry continues to support antigay stances (or at least stances now deemed antigay by "gay rights" groups in 2005, in contrast to 2004), despite the fact that he is not in the middle of a national campaign.

Discuss away.

No comments: