Thursday, October 20, 2005

Politics Makes Strange....Um, Bedsisters?

One of the stories that came up this weekend, courtesy of Worthy Adversary Pam Spaulding at Pam's House Blend and Blog Ally Lloydletta of Lloydletta's Nooz and Comments, was the banning of black glbt activist Keith Boykin from speaking at Saturday's Million Man March. This is after, as reported by Blog Ally The Malcontent, having been promised the week prior by none other than Minister Louis Farrakhan himself that Boykin would be allowed to speak.

Pam is hopping mad, and I certainly can't blame her, especially given the reluctance of the so-called "progressive" blogs like Americablog to even MENTION the fact. This is a tremendous slap in the face, and I definitely empathize with Boykin, having been put in similar situations myself.

At this point in time, it is tempting to say "I told you so," because I certainly have, to both Pam and Boykin. However, this is bigger than petty disagreements, and it should be treated accordingly; thus, I hold my tongue and encourage all of you to write the Congressional Black Caucus (Pam provides the mailing links in her post) and let them know your displeasure.

No comments: