Thursday, January 13, 2005

A Bit of Humor For an Otherwise-Drab Day

It's always a bit depressing when the bottom falls out of the weather here in Dallas....you walk into your office in the morning, it's sunny and in the sixties, but when you walk out that evening, it's raining and a stiff north wind is driving it down into the frigid lower forties (yes, I know, Lloydletta, you needed to hear that).

Fortunately, one of my friends sent me a joke which made my day -- and which I want to share with all of you.

A young man named Jason invited his mother for supper one night. During the evening, his mother couldn't help but notice how handsome and muscular Jason's roommate Simon was. He was wearing a tight white shirt and jeans that left nothing to the imagination; underneath his superbly-cut blond hair, his pearly-white teeth almost sparkled against his tan face when he laughed. Watching Jason and Simon interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Jason and Simon than met the eye.

As if reading his mother's thoughts, Jason volunteered, "I know what you're thinking, Mom, but I promise you....Simon and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Simon asked Jason, "This may sound weird, but I can't find the frying pan. In fact, I haven't seen it since your mom came to visit -- you don't suppose she took it, do you?"

"I don't see why she would," Jason answered, "but I can ask her." That night he wrote his mother an email:

"Dear Mom:

I'm not saying you did or didn't take the frying pan from my place, but the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for supper.

Love, Jason"

A few days later, he received a reply:

"Dear Jason:

I'm not saying that you and Simon do or don't sleep together, but the fact remains that, if he were sleeping in his own bed, he would have found the frying pan by now.

Love, Mom"


To borrow from Monty Python....let me go and change my armor.

No comments: